TAHLEQUAH CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2015 - 7:00 PM
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 111 S. CHEROKEE AVE.
1. Meeting called to order.
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
Comments will be accepted from the general public concerning topics that are not included in
the meeting’s agenda. Individuals will be limited to 3 minutes of speaking time and the
cumulative total of all comments from the public shall not exceed 15 minutes. Preference will
be given to Tahlequah citizens. In compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, no
action or discussion is permitted by the City Council on any issue or topic raised by a speaker
during this public comment period.
4. Discussion and possible action to adopt Resolution No. 09-08-15-A, establishing a Chain of
Command between the Mayor, Assistant City Administrator, Councilors and Department
Heads. Councilor Bliss. (p 1)
5. Discussion on Ordinance No. 1227-2015, Residential Development Landscaping
Requirements. Councilor Weston. (p 2-3)
6. Discussion and possible action to appoint Terry Reed as the Ward I appointee to the
Tahlequah City Code Book Review Committee. Councilor Weston.
7. Discussion and possible action solicit sealed bids for Repair on Carnegie Library roof and
mold remediation. Kevin Smith.
8. Discussion and possible action to go out for RFQ (Request for Qualifications) on a structural
engineer for the renovation of office space at the Armory Municipal Center. Kevin Smith.
9. Discussion and possible action to approve the 2015-2016 contract with the FOP. Kevin
10. Discussion and possible action to approve the 2015-2016 contract with the LOCAL 4099.
11. Discussion and possible action to approve the following 2016 meeting schedules: (p 4-13)
Abatement Board, Airport Board, Historic Preservation Board, Industrial Trust Authority,
Library Board, Park Board, Planning & Zoning Commission, Tahlequah City Council,
Tahlequah Public Facilities Authority, Tahlequah Education Facilities Authority
12. Discussion and possible action to accept the following: (p 14-16)
Self termination of Clint Goad from the Street Department, effective August 15, 2015
Resignation of Ed Goss from Managerial Department, effective October 1, 2015
Resignation of Scott Cragar from the Street Department, effective October 1, 2015
Resignation of Kyle Hix, a volunteer fireman in the Fire Dept., effective Sept. 15, 2015
Promote Sam Hoag from part-time lifeguard to part-time (999-hour) labor in the Rec
Terminate the employment of Alexis Battreal, a part-time dispatcher in the Police Dept.
13. Discussion and possible action to purchase a Telescopic Boom and enter into a lease/purchase
agreement. Kevin Smith. (p 17-24)