TAHLEQUAH CITY COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING
MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2015 - 7:00 PM
CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 111 S. CHEROKEE AVE.
1.Meeting called to order
2. Roll call.
3. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
Comments will be accepted from the general public concerning topics that are not included in the meeting’s agenda. Individuals will be limited to 3 minutes of speaking time and the cumulative total of all comments from the public shall not exceed 15 minutes. Preference will be given to Tahlequah citizens. In compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, no action or discussion is permitted by the City Council on any issue or topic raised by a speaker during this public comment period.
4. PUBLIC HEARING:
Motion to enter into PUBLIC HEARING to discuss changing the scope of the 2013-2014 CDBG Small Cities Grant Project from remodel of community building to demolition of the existing structure and construction of a pavilion with restrooms.
5. Motion to exit PUBLIC HEARING
6. Discussion and possible action to change the scope of the 2013-2014 CDBG Small Cities Grant Project from remodel of community building to demolition of the existing structure and construction of a pavilion with restrooms. Gary Wesselhoft. (p 1)
7. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. 08-17-15, in support of the North Hwy 82 construction alternative. Jim Lindsey.
8. Discussion and possible action on an appeal to the August 3, 2015 Abatement Board decision to demolish mobile homes located at 1203 W. Keetoowah in the Greenvalley Mobile Home Park. Jerry Moore.
9. Discussion regarding expansion and upgrade of high speed internet access for businesses within the city limits of Tahlequah. Tom Barlow.
10. Discussion regarding the creation of a landscaping ordinance for R2 and R3 properties within the city limits of Tahlequah. Councilor Weston.
11. Discussion regarding creation of a signage ordinance , affecting new and replacement business signs, starting at the intersection of Highway 82 and the bypass and going north to NSU. Councilor Weston.
12. Discussion regarding the creation of an ordinance that prohibits the destruction of trees , on public and private property within the city limits, larger than 4 feet in circumference without approval of the Tahlequah Code Enforcement Officer. Councilor Weston.
13. Discussion regarding creation of an ordinance that requires the city to replace trees that have been cut down on city property due to right-of-way requirements. Councilor Weston.
14. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. 08-17-15 (B), to execute the Safe Routes to School Project Agreement with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Marcie Gilliam.