Live stream City Council Meetings Tahlequah Oklahoma
AGENDA TAHLEQUAH CITY COUNCIL - REGULAR MEETING TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2015 - 7:00 PM CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 111 S. CHEROKEE AVE.
1. MEETING CONVENED Meeting called to order. Roll call. Invocation – Pastor Barry Nall from Cavalry Assembly Church. Flag salute.
2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
3. CONSENT AGENDA These items are placed on the Consent Agenda so that members of the City Council, by unanimous consent, can designate routine items to be approved by one motion. Any item proposed on the Consent Agenda not meeting with the approval of all Council members will be removed and heard in Regular Session. Approve the minutes of the August 3 and August 17, 2015 City Council Meetings (p 1-6) Acknowledge receipt of July 2015 Financial Report Approve General Fund Budget Reallocation in the amount of $8,816.09, for approved step raises for August 2015 (p 7) Approve Capital Improvement Fund Budget Amendment # 03 in the amount of $6,900.00 , to increase budget due to revenue received from 29Eleven Church for purchase of Special Ops Equipment for Law Enforcement (p 8-9) Accept the resignation of Jim Hicks from the Street Department, effective September 8, 2015 2016 City of Tahlequah Holiday Schedule (p 10) Promote Chris Armstrong from a Collector to Foreman in Solid Waste Services Promote Steven Carroll from part-time laborer to full-time Collector in Solid Waste Services at Grade 3, Step 1 Appoint Chrissie Nimmo as the Ward IV appointee to the Tahlequah City Code Book Review Committee
4. ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation to Travis Owens from Beth Herrington/Mayor Nichols
Page 2 of 2Presentation of Commendations for Randy Tanner, Reed Felts, Pam Bell and Bronson McNiel from Police Chief Nate King Recognition of Years of Service for June Employees: Shawn Presley – Police Dept. – 5 years Report from Library. Report from Tahlequah Convention and Visitors Bureau. Report from Chamber of Commerce. Report from the Tahlequah Main Street Association. Reports from City Departments: IT Department (p 11-26), Fire Department (p 27-28), Street Department
5. Discussion and possible action on items removed from the consent agenda.
6. Discussion on having monthly updates on contracts dealing with Capital and Bond projects and progress of Capital and Bond projects. Councilor Carroll.
7. Discussion and possible action to adopt Resolution No. 09-08-15 A, establishing Purchasing requirements for Capital Outlay Projects specifically pertaining to land acquisition. Councilor Bliss. (p 30)
8. Discussion and possible action to adopt Resolution No. 09-08-15 B, establishing a Chain of Command between the Mayor, Assistant City Administrator, Councilors and Department Heads. Councilor Bliss.
9. Discussion about future plans for the relocation of City Hall. Councilor Bliss.
10. Discussion on how to fund needed repairs to Carnegie Library. Councilor Bliss. (back of packet)
11. PROPOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION - Motion to exit regular session and enter into executive session.
Discussion to hire a full-time laborer in the Street Department, as provided in O. S. Title 25, Section 307 (B) (1). Discussion to hire a full-time laborer in the Street Department, as provided in O. S. Title 25, Section 307 (B) (1).
12. Reconvene Regular Meeting.
13. Discussion and possible action to hire a full-time laborer in the Street Department.
14. Discussion and possible action to hire a full-time laborer in the Street Department.
15. Discussion on the mid-month special meeting.