1. MEETING CONVENED
Meeting called to order.
Invocation – Tahlequah Police Department Chaplain Edgar Lucereo.
2. PUBLIC COMMENTS
Comments will be accepted from the general public concerning topics that are not included in the meeting’s agenda. Individuals will be limited to 3 minutes of speaking time and the cumulative total of all comments from the public shall not exceed 15 minutes. Preference will be given to Tahlequah citizens. In compliance with the Oklahoma Open Meeting Act, no action or discussion is permitted by the City Council on any issue or topic raised by a speaker during this public comment period.
3. CONSENT AGENDA (green)
These items are placed on the Consent Agenda so that members of the City Council, by unanimous consent, can designate routine items to be approved by one motion. Any item proposed on the Consent Agenda not meeting with the approval of all Council members will be removed and heard in Regular Session.
Approve the minutes of the August 4 and 18, 2014 City Council Meetings (p 1-6)
Acknowledge receipt of July 2014 Financial Report
Approve Capital Improvement Fund Budget Amendment # 03 in the amount of $14,640.00, from Cherokee Nation to sponsor rescue equipment for the Tahlequah Fire Department (p 7-8)
Approve an Agreement with Tahlequah Recreation Soccer Club for the use of the Soccer Fields from August 1, 2014 thru July 31, 2015 (p 9-13)
Approve an Agreement with Cherokee County Softball League for the use of the Softball Fields from August 1, 2014 thru October 31, 2014 (p 14-17)
Accept the Drainage and Utility Easements from John Wofford and George and Glennis Parker located on White Avenue (p 18-19)
Approve General Fund Budget Reallocation in the amount of $7,108.01, for the August 2014 step raises (p 20)
Hire Katlyn Leach as a 490-hour lifeguard in the Rec Department with a salary of $8.90 an hour
Hire Stevan Jamison as a 490-hour lifeguard in the Rec Department with a salary of $8.90 an hour
Accept the self demotion of Jordan Whitekiller from 490-hour Head Lifeguard paying $9.90 an hour to a 999-hour Laborer paying $8.95 per hour in the Rec Department
Accept the promotion of Krystal Herrin to a 999-hour laborer in the Rec Department with a salary of $8.95 an hour
4. ANNOUNCEMENTS, PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS (yellow)
Report from Library.
Report from Main Street Association.
Report from Chamber of Commerce.
Report from the Tourism Council.
Reports from City Departments: Street Department (p 21)
REGULAR SESSION (blue)
5. Discussion and possible action on items removed from the consent agenda.
6. Discussion and possible action to approve Resolution No. 09-02-14, approving the appointment of Jason Nichols to the Board of Directors of the Oklahoma Municipal League. Mayor Nichols. (p 22)
7. Discussion and possible action to approve a Lease/Purchase Agreement and Resolution for the purchase of a 2014 Freightliner Coronada Tractor Truck for Solid Waste Services. Les Ford. (p 23-40)
8. Discussion and possible action to approve Change Order Number One with JLT Contracting in the amount of $31,733.30 due to overruns in Borrow Excavation, Bituminous Surface Course and Bituminous Prime Coat. Greg Blish/Kevin Smith. (p 41-43)
9. Discussion and possible action to approve a cash loan from General Fund to TMA-FAA Grant Fund in the amount of $31,733.30 to cover the cost of change order number one with JLT Contracting. Kevin Smith. (p 44)
10. Discussion and possible action to approve 10% cash match on additional funds of $31,733.30 needed for TMA-FAA Grant Fund due to additional costs as reflected on change order number one with JLT Contracting. Kevin Smith. (p 45)
11. Discussion and possible action to approve Mayor Jason Nichols to sign contract documents with the Federal Aviation Administration for Grant # 3-40-0093-11-2014 in the amount of $743,572.00, which represents ninety percent (90%) with matching funds by the City of Tahlequah in the amount of $82,619.13, which is ten percent (10%). Greg Blish. (p 46)
12. Discussion and possible action to Promote Marcie Gilliam to Finance Director in the Managerial Department at Grade 10, Step 2 and a salary of $44,709.06. Jessica Petty.
13. Discussion on the mid-month special meeting. (p 47)